In This Episode:
Weer’d is on vacation again, this time in New England, so Erin is once again in charge of the episode, this time with co-host Oddball. Erin also cut all the audio to make it sound pretty despite some significant hurdles, so please tell her what a good job she did.
- Erin and Oddball contemplate why the media overplays tragedies to the point of dancing in the blood of the dead;
- Weer’d fisks David Hogg’s attempts to increase gun control laws in Maine, of all places;
- In Gun Lovers and Other Strangers, our David (no relation) details the etiquette for selling a gun from his perspective as a gun shop employee;
- and Oddball talks about a pet peeve of his: when gun owners “flex on the poors.”
Did you know that we have a Patreon? Join now for the low, low cost of $4/month (that’s $1/podcast) and you’ll get to listen to our podcast on Friday instead of Mondays, as well as patron-only content like mag dump episodes, our hilarious blooper reels and film tracks.
- Does the News Reflect What We Die From?
- Causes of Death in the US vs. Media Coverage
- Relative Share of Deaths in the US
Weer’d Audio Fisk
Gun Lovers and Other Strangers
- Blue Book of Gun Values
- Jim Supica Article – What’s My Firearm Worth
- Jim Supica Article – Evaluating Firearms Condition
- Jim Supica Article – Pieces of History
Podcast: Play in new window | Download