In This Episode:
- Erin and Weer’d discuss the Universal Background Check and Assault Weapons Bills in the House and Senate;
- Oddball talks about how to deal with the inevitable rust on your knife;
- Weer’d explains what the Dickey Amendment is, what it does, and what it doesn’t do in a Patented Weer’d Audio fisk;
- Egghead starts a series on his favorite rifles, the AR-10 pattern, and gives some of the history and innovation of the gun;
- and David gives us another segment on carry, this time focusing on methods targeted for women.
Did you know that we have a Patreon? Join now for the low, low cost of $4/month (that’s $1/podcast) and you’ll get to listen to our podcast on Friday instead of Mondays, as well as patron-only content like mag dump episodes, our hilarious blooper reels and film tracks.
- No Lawyers, Only Guns and Money: Background Check Bill
- Volokh Conspircacy: Background Check bill
- HR 8 Text (PDF)
- No Lawyers only Guns and Money Assault Weapons Ban
- Gun University: Assault Weapons Ban Explained
- Rep. Diana DeGette Doesn’t Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded
Weer’d Audio Fisk
- CDC Now Has Authority To Research Gun Violence. What’s Next?
- Funding bill won’t prompt new CDC gun research, experts say
- Spending Bill Lets CDC Study Gun Violence; But Researchers Are Skeptical It Will Help
- Task Force For Global Health
- Gunfacts Myths
- Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence
Gun Lovers and Other Strangers